BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Establish governance for the Project Management Office. Initially you will oversee projects in your own portfolio and eventually lead other project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and to satisfaction of the customer, Pure and Account team leadership.
The PMO will define and govern standards for project initiation through project completion. These standards will guide the Project Manager through the process for staging, presentation and signoff of key deliverables such as Project Kickoffs, Project Plans, Change Orders, regular Status and Risk reports. He/she will also facilitate planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle.
Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of customer expectations, in regards to project scope, the Pure Storage delivery model, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation and change management-processes, communication and risk management plans.
This includes overall responsibility for the profitability of the project portfolio. Including evaluating the impact of change requests on overall customer satisfaction, profitability and business potential. Another key position attribute is having accountability for compliance with Pure Storages revenue recognition rules and policies.
This role will also be integral to our business development efforts working closely with our sales organization, our partners and customers defining proposals and SOW’s and assuring Pure has identified the right scope and strategy to successfully deliver the desired outcomes. This role includes working with various teams to craft standard solutions for our service portfolio. The PMO will create methodologies and best practices and act as a change agent to build a culture of continuous improvement.
The PMO will provide support, assistance and guidance to project managers as needed in their day to day duties
- Throughout the project life cycle including but not limited to producing project documents including project definition, risk and requirement documents, weekly/monthly project status reports that report on the general health of projects and financial details
- Developing project plans and tracking progress versus the plan
- Maintain project/program reporting materials (via an online document repository such as Google Docs, Box and/or NetSuite) and maintain project status documentation
- Assist in reporting the impact of projects and effectively communicating the impact on the organization
- Establishing work timelines and effectively managing them
- Providing input into the program management process based on lessons learned
- Analyzes project financial performance and reports findings or trends
- Accomplish Pure’s mission by completing relevant duties as needed when requested by management
As the office expands the PMO will lead team of project managers by providing project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or work streams. Acts as role model provides feedback and coaching. The PMO will also be tasked to stay abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars. Its also expected that the Project Manager will complete and maintain industry recognized project management certifications and accreditations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ Years background in the delivery of Professional Services including significant migration project experience, working with F100 Accounts, with global operations and multi PB storage landscapes.
- Deep migrations expertise, having lead large scale multi-PB migration projects, in mission critical environments, primarily business applications and complex SAN infrastructure
- Technical background with 10+ years storage experience
- Experience working in Tier one storage companies, or Enterprise level System Integrators or GSI’s
- Previous experience delivering through to completion, as Project Manager, managing and overseeing the delivery of migration services through hybrid delivery resources (Pure and Pure badged partners)
- Senior management ‘presence’ able to work in demanding environments with client IT Operations management teams
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.