Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Inside Sales Team at Pure
The Inside Sales Organization is where our company mission begins. The ISO serves two critical functions: 1) increasing Field Sales productivity by establishing qualified customer appointments, and 2) developing future sales leaders for field assignments.
Pure’s Sales Development Program represents a guided path to developing sales expertise while offering career advancement through demonstrated achievement. This program includes new hire onboarding, mentor program, ongoing product and sales training, and daily opportunities to collaborate with peers and experts in the industry. It emphasizes a high-performance culture by establishing high activity habits, prospecting skills, writing skills, introductory call structures, sales and presentation skills. Inside Sales is a path to future opportunities for candidates eager to develop and invest their time, talents and energies in a hyper-growth, highly ambitious enterprise technology company firmly rooted in Silicon Valley and leading one of the most significant technology transitions occurring today: the transition from disk to flash storage.
Pure Storage and our Inside Sales Organization thrive on a constructive, encouraging culture. We work hard and play hard! Successes are broadly shared and recognized while responsibility for individual performance remains a daily expectation. Individual accomplishments are rewarded but collaboration and teamwork is the lifeblood of ISO.
We have grown at records speeds and are looking to continue building our team of incredible talent with dynamic, ambitious energetic sales professionals looking to excel in their careers and help drive impact at Pure Storage.
We are seeking an accomplished Inside Sales professional for our growing market. This ideal candidate should have a proven ability to penetrate a targeted account base, create net-new opportunities, and exceed quota. The successful candidate will be bright, highly motivated, enthusiastic, professional, eager to learn and with a proven track record of succeeding. They are responsible for sales activities ranging from: prospecting targeted accounts, sourcing leads, qualifying opportunities, working with channel partners, and presenting initial virtual presentations to prospective clients and partners. You will be the first point of contact for prospects and will have a direct impact on the success of the company through your ability to effectively drive new business. This role is based out of Pure Storage’s headquarters’ in Mountain View, California.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Prospect to identify net new opportunities
- Identify, qualify and set appointments for field counterparts
- Deep understanding and research on key target accounts
- Work closely with Field Marketing to develop outbound call campaigns
- Help progress opportunities as needed and directed with field AE.
- Handle project upsells and renewals as needed.
- Qualify and respond to daily marketing generated leads
- Help drive attendance to scheduled partner events via email and/or calls
- Work closely with Account Executive field sales to identify sales targets, initiatives and penetrate new accounts
- Work with Channel on outbound prospecting campaigns with partners
- Communicate early and often with Marketing on strategy, lead generation, lead programs
- Continually keep up with current storage trends, companies, news releases, and competitor news
- Daily use of sales enablement tools including but not limited to Salesforce.com, Discover.org Gmail, LinkedIn, Insidesales.com
- Approximately 5-10% travel for tradeshow events, Enterprise Briefings and customer visits
What You Bring To The Team:
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and penetrating net-new accounts
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize various sales-related activities and fluently adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate Pure Storage business value to varying roles in an IT organization
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management
- Demonstrated ability to optimize performance and drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 1-year experience in sales, preferably storage
- BA/BS Degree required
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.