Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
The Pure Storage Channel Technical Account Manager is a Senior level technical Systems Engineer with broad industry experience. The Channel Technical Account Manager is aware of the trends in storage, is willing to mentor Channel Systems Engineers and Post sales at Partner. This role will require engagement with key Channel partners in region and education, training and certification of those partners. While the role will require reporting into local SE management, a close engagement with the Channel Sales counterparts will be required and the amount of end customer engagement will be limited. Travel will be required within the assigned region. The role will require engagement with the Application Specialist team and Office of the CTO. It will also require regular engagement with corporate resources to help shape the goals of the role. Participation in regional events will be required.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for helping guide the Channel partners to deliver the best technology in a dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
- Become a trusted and collaborative conduit between channel sales and product management
- Identifying key trends and mapping partner challenges/needs with Pure Storage’s technology strategy; help ensure Pure has a large mindshare in these key partners
- Manage and maintain a partner systems engineering and possibly post sales community with regular updates
- Ability to speak with confidence on market needs and conditions relevant to Pure’s Channel partners
- Identify Channel partners’ business needs and align towards technical goals of the company and help assign priorities
- Help maintain the company technical culture in an effort to continue to retain and attract top technical talent
- Support competitive differentialon in bids
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for the Partner SE organization
- Engaged in field marketing events, Channel technical enablement
- Delivery of Short to Medium term roadmaps
- Ability to Deliver Presentations on all core products (Pure1, Flashblade, FlashArray) and ancillary products (eg, ActiveCluster, etc) at advanced level
- Ability to demonstrate and install all Pure products
Qualifications and Requirements
- Extensive product experience across technology vendor(s)
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, and virtualization technologies
- Professional Services background a plus
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization(s)
- Proficient in driving for results, with a sense of accountability and ability to change pace and focus in dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Professional Services and technical presales
- Strong understanding in flash memory technologies, database technology
- Ability to present dynamically to a wide array of sponsors