Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. In just a few short years, by the end of 2017, we had exceeded $1B in revenue. We have become recognized as one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history! As we continue to take market share, we are proud of our record-setting achievements along the way. For 5 straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
Our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation has earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide and has created a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a highly talented Business System Architect who will support Pure's leadership team to align strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding key business and IT initiatives across the organization. You will work closely with senior leaders to identify strategic capabilities needed and leverage business architecture artifacts to create corporate and business area implementation roadmaps, while partnering with IT architects and leaders to align technical solutions to business imperatives. In this role you will provide direct input into the planning, execution, and achievement of corporate and business unit goals and bottom line business value.
- Define, design, and mature business capability architecture for the enterprise, inclusive of artifacts such as a capability maps, value streams and roadmaps
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing key views of the organization.
- Demonstrate impacts and opportunities for the business to facilitate critical business decisions, while capturing key views of the business unit in the context of the overall enterprise
- Provide analytical and conceptual direction throughout the corporate planning and enterprise delivery lifecycle, ensuring alignment of deliverables with strategic objectives
- Partner with the IT architecture team in developing an IT framework that aligns with the business plan
- Translate enterprise and business strategy and capability roadmaps for Enterprise and Domain Architects as well as other technology leaders, including recommendations to preserve integrity and ensure the delivery of a holistic, integrated solution
- Oversee the creation and governance of business architecture artifacts, as well as common standards and methods for developing and incorporating business architecture in the enterprise
- Identify, analyze and pursue improvements in the structural relationships of the business
- Utilize data and metrics to evaluate the maturity of capabilities over time
What you Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, organization development, systems management or related field
- 10 years of experience managing complex projects with inter-related systems, process and business requirements
- Very strong leadership qualities with definitive, successful experience in leadership positions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead large, multi-departmental teams to successful achievement of corporate goals
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions to complex multi-disciplinary problems and articulate features and benefits to appropriate management audiences
- Ability to communicate and deliver needed messaging and facilitate decision-making across all audiences, including senior leaders, market owners and program sponsors
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and influence others to move toward consensus
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Lean and agile knowledge and experience is preferred
- Experience in Microservices, Github,REST API is a plus
- TOGAF Certification is preferred
Pure Creates Opportunities for Your Development and Career Growth
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers a generous vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure Is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.