Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history.
We continue to take market share while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here. Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Pure Storage is seeking a technical software development manager to help lead product development and grow the overall engineering organization.
Team at Pure
You will be leading a team of software developers in the creation of our product and will need to partner with product management, QA, technical writing, and various other software teams. You will also provide the necessary technical direction and mentoring to employees on your team and others to achieve successful project outcomes.
In this role you'll get to learn and contribute to the process of developing great technology and building a successful company. Our open culture and transparency in both strategy and operations allow employees a deeper level of engagement in engineering and business decisions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Hands-on management to help lead product quality and efficiently scale the team to support the company’s growth.
- You will be leading a team of Software System QA Engineers in assuring product quality by leveraging our automation tests & manual test coverage.
- Work with escalation team in prioritizing, diagnosing and reproducing complex system field issues
- Identify any test gaps, perform root cause analysis & close loop with release engineering.
- You will partner with other Engineering teams to optimize the reliability and predictability of our releases.
- Identify and leverage metrics that allow us to ensure and improve our release process
- You will also provide the necessary technical direction and mentor employees on your team and others within the Engineering organization.
What You Bring To The Team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4 plus years of technical management experience, at multiple levels while staying hands-on in testing, troubleshooting or development.
- Successfully manage and lead team with senior engineers.
- 10 plus years of systems software development or quality assurance experience (C/C++, Python, etc)
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire development life-cycle.
- Experience with customers and sustaining engineering is a plus
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific backgrounds second. So once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project. Plus, we like people who have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning!
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.