BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
This role requires a combination of skills with public and private cloud based environments. Working with some of the most exciting, challenging and large-scale systems in the Asia Pacific and Japan region to drive the innovation and efficiency agenda with both existing and new customers. This includes acting as a trusted advisor to customers in use of best practices, scaling, tuning, cost modelling, security and troubleshooting of all things cloud (AWS, Azure, On-prem private cloud & Hybrid cloud as well as providing guidance and feedback to Pure engineering and global product teams on future enhancements of our technology to help drive even larger gains in the technology. The second key aspect of the role is in engagement with the wider Cloud user community to build Pure’s capability and help shape the future direction of our product line witha hugely diverse user base from hedge funds to oil exploration to F1 racing teams.
This also involves traveling to conferences, expos etc to present and represent Pure where there is interest from a particular technology vertical.
- Build the Pure brand in the product vertical through a range of channels
- Enhance the Pure technology stack to improve efficiency, performance, agility with the
- Work closely with PM, Marketing, Engineering, CSG and global SA team to build the
- product capability with Pure technology
- Train internal SE community (incl. partners) to enhance their skills and knowledge with
- the product - the ‘why Pure’ message
- Present the Pure capability at industry vertical and product-specific events
- Build (or enhance) social media presence to increase Pure mindshare with the product
- user base
- Create written collateral to build a repository of high-quality research and consumer material for Pure with the product
Role has an equal split involving:
- Customer sales meetings (must be able to articulate Pure value to customer cloud architects and have a deep understanding of the pitfalls, challenges, availability & security aspects of cloud deployments as well as cost control considerations. Deep understanding of the various cloud storage offerings EBS, S3, Glacier, EFS)
- Lab work (Build relevant Hybrid Cloud demos, maintain demo environment)
- Partner/SE enablement (Educate our SE’s and external Partners on what you know and how to translate Pure’s value to Cloud Architects))
- Content Production/Delivery (White Papers, Speaking Engagements, Blogs, Original PPT material, Best Practices etc)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Strong consultancy/soft skills for customer engagements, 1:1 and 1:many presentations, creation of high-quality written documentation and presentation materials
- Key Skills required: AWS/Azure, DevOps CI/CD, Vmware & VRealize, HyperV, Dockers/Containers, Kubernetes,
- Candidates from enterprise end-users or Cloud Providers with experience of managing 'owning' large Public/Private Cloud environments are particularly encouraged to apply
- World-class technical skills and experience designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions, involving virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Technical knowledge of cloud architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, and metrics (status) of key projects to required stakeholders and diverse audiences (technical and business)
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.