Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For four straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
This position is responsible for managing a team of Systems Engineers in the EMEA territory and their technical selling responsibilities for major account opportunities.
- Lead a team of Senior Systems Engineers supporting the FlashBlade business.
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts with the System Engineering team.
- Assisting FlashBlade System Engineers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations at customers.
- Work closely with FlashBlade Engineering, Field Chief Technology Officers and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Oversee the Operational Execution of a geographically dispersed group of FlashBlade System Engineers in the EMEA Region.
- Creatively and collaboratively build and execute go to market programs with FlashBlade and Account Sales teams, alliance/reseller partners.
- Assist all System Engineers in teaming up with their Sales Rep to develop and grow assigned territory leveraging both reseller channels and direct customer contracts.
- Assist System Engineers to work with account System Engineers to create opportunities and penetrate customer accounts.
- Develop relationships in the region with local FlashArray Systems Engineering Leadership.
- Recruiting, hiring and performance evaluations of the Systems Engineering team.
- Work with the FlashBlade SE Director and the SE Operations Director to address operational issues, skill-set gaps, training opportunities and participation challenges among the Americas SE organization.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success & Services organization to ensure the right services (Implementation, Integration, Service Account Management, etc.) are positioned with the right customer accounts.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of technical sales leadership experience.
- Inspirational Leadership, positive energy, optimism and vision.
- Ability to lead in an unstructured environment.
- Develop a highly functional System Engineering team.
- Go above and beyond for your team and customers.
- 8 -10 years’ minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of high performance NAS storage solutions.
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentations.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (Flash, NVMe, NFS, SMB, S3/Object, HDFS)
- Familiarity with modern next generation applications around Data Analytics, AI/ML,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.