Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Inside Sales Team at Pure
The Inside Sales Organization is where our company mission begins. The ISO serves two critical functions: 1) increasing Field Sales productivity by establishing qualified customer appointments, and 2) developing future sales leaders for field assignments.
Pure’s Sales Development Program represents a guided path to developing sales expertise while offering career advancement through demonstrated achievement. This program includes new hire onboarding, mentor program, ongoing product and sales training, and daily opportunities to collaborate with peers and experts in the industry. It emphasizes a high-performance culture by establishing high activity habits, prospecting skills, writing skills, introductory call structures, sales and presentation skills. Inside Sales is a path to future opportunities for candidates eager to develop and invest their time, talents and energies in a hyper-growth, highly ambitious enterprise technology company firmly rooted in Silicon Valley and leading one of the most significant technology transitions occurring today: the transition from disk to flash storage.
Pure Storage and our Inside Sales Organization thrive on a constructive, encouraging culture. We work hard and play hard! Successes are broadly shared and recognized while responsibility for individual performance remains a daily expectation. Individual accomplishments are rewarded but collaboration and teamwork are the lifeblood of ISO.
We have grown at records speeds and are looking to continue building our team of incredible talent with dynamic, ambitious energetic sales professionals looking to excel in their careers and help drive impact at Pure Storage.
We are seeking an accomplished Inside Sales professional for our growing market. This ideal candidate should have a proven ability to penetrate a targeted account base, create net-new opportunities, and exceed quota. The successful candidate will be bright, highly motivated, enthusiastic, professional, eager to learn and with a proven track record of succeeding. They are responsible for sales activities ranging from: prospecting targeted accounts, sourcing leads, qualifying opportunities, working with channel partners, and presenting initial virtual presentations to prospective clients and partners. You will be the first point of contact for prospects and will have a direct impact on the success of the company through your ability to effectively drive new business.
The Inside Sales Rep (ISR) is a position within the Inside Sales Organization (ISO), executing direct selling efforts to Corporate Accounts, in tight coordination with our channel partners. The role responds to telesales qualified leads (TQLs) that are delivered by the marketing organization and the team of sales development representatives (SDRs). You are expected to use advanced business value selling (BVS) skills to thoroughly qualify and develop Opportunities into closed deals. The core focus of this role is on net new logos (NNLs) that lead to bookings.
The role requires the development of web-based product and solutions presentations, TCO calculations, proposals, and where required, the implementation of proof of concepts (POCs) with prospects.
What You Will Be Doing
- Directly selling through an inside, direct marketing environment to deliver sales targets and consistently achieve quota
- Developing channel relationships that will bring the sales and technical resources to each Opportunity and lead to closed deals
- Generating revenue and working closely with a network of Channel Partners to successfully sell the Pure Storage solution
- Managing pipeline with a keen focus on conversion success
- Accomplishing the workload required for a high-volume sales role
- Delivering an accurate forecast and working with multiple channel partners
- Building a business case and establish value: develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates the ability of the Pure Storage solution to meet the customers’ business objectives and justify the sale
- Drive account strategies and coordinate team selling efforts with partners to close business on a quarterly and annual basis
- Prospecting: a proven track record of penetrating accounts, reaching decision-makers, and closing business
What You Bring To The Team
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and driving referenceable business in storage
- Success in generating revenue and working closely with a network of channel partners to successfully sell the Pure Storage solution
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- A history of achievement – professionally or personally
- A desire to work the bookends of the sale – prospecting and closing with a demonstrated achievement in sales closing
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Recognized achievement in building business relationships
- Experience working in or understanding sales channel selling models
- Completion of business value selling (BVS) training or other relevant B2B sales training systems
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and have an internal strong sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently to deliver exceptional results
- Passionate about hunting and closing new Opportunities
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- A desire to drive change and evangelize new technologies
- Proficient with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 2-4 years direct B2B technology sales experience
- Competitive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to enthusiastically represent the company
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment experience is key, a mix of large company and startup experience
- Knowledge of the storage industry preferred
- Must reside in the Sydney, Australia area
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.