Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Professional Services Team at Pure
The Pure Storage teams come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry.
As a Customer Engineer, you will be on the national team providing support and services in implementing FlashArray/FlashBlade/FlashStack. Your goal is to enable our customers by advising on best practices with host integration and perform knowledge transfer on Purity to perform day to day storage functions. You will contribute to the evergreen storage business model by ensuring the NDU upgrades are online and seamless.
The I&I team is often the first one to implement new features in the field; an example of this is capacity consolidation. We work closely with Product Management and Support to validate the process/training/procedures. As such we are constantly giving feedback on what works and what doesn’t in the field.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform installation of //m & //x series Flash Array at customer premises
- Perform installation of Pure FlashBlade arrays at customer premises
- Installation of Pure Active Cluster at client premises and other software and functionality offered by Pure.
- Perform Non-Disruptive Upgrades (NDUs) of FA-4xx series Flash Array to current //m & //x series Flash Array
- Perform NDUs between //m & //x series Flash Arrays
- Perform Non-Disruptive Upgrades (NDUs) of FlashBlade arrays
- Work closely with support and other PS team members to ensure successful array upgrade
- Perform installation of Expansion Shelves, Data Packs, expansion cards, etc.
- Perform Capacity Consolidation
- Run assessment calls with customer regarding upcoming NDUs and Installations
- Perform basic knowledge transfer with customers including creation of Hosts, Host Groups, Volumes, Replication Sessions, etc.
- Plan travel to customer sites to perform installations and upgrades
- Train partners on how to perform NDU from FA-4xx series FlashArray to current //m & //x series FlashArray and between//m series FlashArrays
- Train partners on how to install and setup FlashArray //m & //x series
- Installation of other Pure hardware or functionality offered by the company now or in the future.
- Travel to customer sites throughout Europe and sometimes Middle East and Africa
What You Bring To The Team
- Strong technical skills in the areas of storage (SAN and NAS) and server.
- Strong technical skills in Ethernet, IP Networking, and FC Networks
- Experience of hardware installation, software configuration
- Strong Experience with VMware, Microsoft Windows Server, Linux
- Experience with other Unix variants, like AIX, HPUX
- Experience with creating a run book, design workbook, and statement of work
- A team player who is able to effectively allocate time and resources to manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Consultancy experience and customer facing skills
- Eager to Travel
- Strong technical skills in storage (SAN and NAS) and server
- Strong networking skills in Ethernet (NVME-oF, IP) and Fiber Channel
- Cisco UCS
- Understanding of storage protocols (FC/iSCSI/NFS/SMB/S3)
- Experience with one or more of the following: Citrix Xen Desktop, VMware, Oracle, SQL
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.