Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
The promise of self-driving Storage relies on providing our customers with a simple, compelling management experience. We are leveraging the best of consumer, cloud, and AI/ML technologies to deliver the "Pure1" self-driving, multi-cloud, full stack platform across all of our products. What is Pure1?
Pure1 is a global, cloud based data storage management platform combined with a predictive and proactive support experience. With Pure1 customers can interact and manage their infrastructure and applications from anywhere, on any device. Pure1 seamlessly integrates with public and private clouds and traditional as well as New Stack workloads. Pure1 is SaaS, offering modern web and mobile interfaces combined with the power of AI/ML and big data analytics.
The comprehensive simplicity of our products and our astonishing support have generated many loyal fans. Pure1 is a primary reason we've achieved a Satmetrix 2015 NPS score of 79, making us the #1 recommended technology vendor by a wide margin.
While we are extremely proud of where we are today with Pure1, there is far more we plan to do. We are looking for an exceptional Product Manager to help build the strategy and drive the delivery of the next generation of Pure1- continuing our journey as the undisputed leader in data storage technology and customer joy.
What you will be doing
- Define overall product and feature requirements – future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends.
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements for cloud based web and mobile management experiences and big data analytics,
- Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model.
- Foster an active ecosystem of customers and partners - Interface with technology partners and vendors, both from the perspective of understanding their technology/product roadmap and influencing them to align with Pure strategy
- Oversee competitive materials and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams
What you bring to the table
- 6+ years of combined experience in product management and product development roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, Master’s Degree a plus.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strategic leadership and strong business acumen
- Deep, technical understanding of one or more of: SaaS, New Stack platforms, Cloud application development, Container and/or Big Data Analytics
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving
- Proven track record of developing a vision, strategy and execution plan for a product line
- Direct and relevant experience in a strong understanding of and experience with product life cycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life, with specific experience in product line transitions.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific backgrounds second. So once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project. Plus, we like people who have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning!
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.