Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans @ Work
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts.
- Assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
What you bring to the table:
- 5-10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentation
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives)
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.