Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For 4 straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
Pure Systems Engineering Manager
The Pure Systems Engineering Manager is the inspirational leader a team of highly motivated technical sales resources whose goal is to support the Sales organization for all pre-sales customer engagements and develop a great technical channel. The Systems Engineering Manager must understand the clients' overall business and how to position the value of a Pure Solution and be an authority on Pure and industry standard technologies.
The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing that their team is effectively supporting the sales revenue opportunities of their sales area and developing strong presales technical resources within the channel. The Systems Engineering Manager is also responsible for driving the professional development of their Systems Engineering staff, including mentorship, training, and performance evaluation. The position requires the ability to multi-task between team members in their support of different clients, sales opportunities, and other initiatives.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead Pure pre-sales technical resources in order to optimize sales and revenue volume. Partner with sales management to ensure forecast objectives are met.
- Be a Beacon of Positivity capable of inspiring and motivating Pure Systems Engineers to reach higher levels of success and attracting customers to adopt Pure Storage technology.
- Ensure Pre-sales technical resources mentor and develop strong pre-sales and delivery technical engineers within the channel. This is critical to their success.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to sales engineers in the areas of product demonstrations, proof of concepts, RFPs, overcoming sales objections and technical sales presentations.
- Perform key functions to recruit the industries top systems engineers including interviewing, hiring, monitoring, employee feedback and documentation, counseling and coaching, and performance management / improvement when needed.
- Motivate systems engineering teams and build a sense of team engagement by participating in incentive, reward, and recognition programs that connect individuals’ contributions to the organization's objectives.
- Assess skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members in order to meet objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path direction. Implement personal development plans for individual team members.
- Understand intricacies of the assigned territory and teach SE team how to identify and capitalize on business opportunities and leverage CSA/SI/ISV partners to drive revenue.
- Obtain weekly and monthly SE to opportunity performance metrics and promote opportunity awareness and proactive SE engagement by monitoring Salesforce.com activities.
- Collect customer feedback, enhancements and feature requests and disseminate findings to product management, engineering, SE Management, corporate and technical support in order to continuously improve product offerings.
- Communicate, connect and align people within the direct team and develop internal relationships across Pure Storage.
What You Bring To The Team
- Experience in Pre-sales, selling data storage solutions and strong understanding of business drivers for Line of Business solutions within enterprise organizations.
- Self-motivation, self-management and professionalism with advanced organizational, negotiation, problem solving skills and team building skills.
- Superior level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge and a solid understanding of Pure Storage competitive domain and technologies.
- Able to articulate and understand the customer strategy and Pure Storage solution strategy to a technical level of detail for the specific technical area and teach systems engineers these concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com.
- Strong technical and tactical problem solving skills and experience with complex engineering designs. Must have the ability to explain complex ideas and schemas and train sales engineering team.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies including VMware vSphere and VDI, Citrix Zen and Microsoft HyperV architectures, Databases including Oracle and Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange and storage protocols such as Fiber Channel, iSCSI and NFS and management technologies such as REST and SMIS.
Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including the corporate office in Mountain View, California.
- Strong work ethic, attitude and follow through ability.
- Previous experience with at least one major data storage solution provider.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of systems engineering management experience.
- 10+ years of Pre-sales experience in IT
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.