Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and measure the materials planning process by conducting detail analysis of inputs and outputs of qualitative and quantitative data to ensure no shortages/excess of materials pipeline to support company build plan by product family, and prioritization information.
- Responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that materials are right-sized by location, quantity and timing.
- Manage materials planning from NPI to Production to ensure no gap of materials between NPI and Production including Inventory management.
- Develop a process to generate and measure the materials forecast as well as supply/demand management for key component level forecasting such as NAND, SSD, DRAM, CPU, etc…
- Control inventory levels and ensure availability of material during emergencies
- Review and assess risk to supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate materials risk.
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers for non-Core Materials
- Identify materials disposition and minimize E&O due to ECOs, deviations and product transitions.
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A good team player to bring change to the complex organization
- Considerable knowledge of industry related materials planning, supply base.
- Skilled in production and supplier scheduling and knowledgeable of supplier processes and capabilities.
- Good knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and good experience using ERP, Planning tools (Kinaxis)
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within all levels of the organization
- Superb interpersonal skills and team playing attitude to work in a cross functional & collaborative environment.
- BA/BS Degree or its equivalent in relevant area – Supply Chain/Manufacturing Operations, Business, Economics, Engineering, etc.