Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Our Escalations Engineering Team
Escalation Engineers stay on the cutting edge of technology while working alongside our development and infrastructure teams to deliver meaningful results. As an Escalation Engineer, you will be challenged daily by driving complex customer and product issues to resolution. This team focuses heavily on identifying supportability gaps, providing feedback and guidance to engineering on new features, and preventing future occurrences of known issues.
What You Will Be Doing
This position is ideal for a support professional with strong interpersonal skills, and a desire to work in a fast-paced, high-performing, entrepreneurial culture. The ideal candidate must be willing to accept the unpredictable nature of daily work in a rapidly growing business.
- Provide the highest level of technical support to internal and external customers
- Provide technical leadership to internal teams
- Actively suggest and describe ways to improve the supportability of Pure Storage products
- Create expert-level documentation
- Champion customer issues internally, and represent the company externally
- Acquire a deep understanding of Pure's full software stack
- Provide on-call support as required
- This position may involve alternative work hours including nights, weekends, and company holidays
- If you see a problem, you are empowered to pull engineers together and go fix it!
What You Bring To The Team
- Minimum of five years of experience in a customer facing technical support work
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and escalations utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Strong technical troubleshooting and fault isolation skills in a multi-platform-system-vendor environment
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software products
- Knowledge of various operating systems such as VMware, Solaris, LINUX, and Windows with an emphasis on OS tuning for SAN
- Understanding of networking including Fibre Channel, IP, iSCSI
- Demonstration of subject matter expertise and knowledge in computer/networking
- Development background a plus
- Prior support experience at storage related company is desired
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.