Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage is seeking a full-time Firmware Engineer to join our device firmware team. You will be working as part of a small, but fast growing, dynamic team and will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, and testing firmware of Pure Storage’s DirectFlash™ modules
- Coding and testing in C/C++ and Python
- Bringing up and enabling new hardware components, and developing low level firmware features
- Investigating and debugging issues, and developing failure analysis tools and process
- Internal development automation including continuous integration, automated unit and regression testing, etc
- Working closely with hardware, system software and manufacturing teams
What You Bring to the Team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of software/firmware test and release processes.
- Experience using Python, C/C++ or related programming languages
- Familiar with firmware or hardware development
- Experience with SSD firmware, PCIe/NVMe, or NAND device is a plus
- Good verbal communication & collaboration skill.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific backgrounds second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our employees in moving around to different teams and projects across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.