BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT, Dublin, Ireland & Singapore, Asia. We are looking for a senior Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to join our 24x7 Support team. Our culture focuses on 5 key values – Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware, software, and environmental factors within our Flash Blade product. As Support Engineers, you utilize your deep technical expertise to tackle technical problems. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build strong networks across different departments in the company.
- Dedicatedly seek to understand customer expectations.
- Answer and resolve support cases across all severity levels.
- Champion and track customer issues using our ticket tracking system.
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is concise and professional.
- Share and document knowledge via FAQ / KB articles, which can be internal or customer facing.
- Develop junior support engineers through training, and coaching.
- Champion multiple projects/support cases simultaneously.
- Champion customer issues internally, and represent the company externally.
- Leads large multi participant customer calls, including hot critical issues.
- As TSE II, you normally receive little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Fluency in German is highly desired.
- Minimum five years of experience in customer-facing, technical support work.
- Authority multiple technologies.
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and issues utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-platform-system-vendor environment.
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software products.
- Ability to triage issues, and raise them to appropriate engineering groups as necessary.
- Authoritative knowledge of technologies such as operating systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage area networks.
- Knowledge, and ability to fix Networking, Replication, Performance and Space issues.
- Demonstration of domain expertise in one or more of the following: NFS, S3, SMB, LDAP, IPv6.
- Willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
- Three or more years of experience in a Technical Support Environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.