Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a Senior SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager. This person will be responsible for leading the SEC / Technical accounting finance function by managing the team as well as doing hands on technical accounting and SEC reporting.
- Perform technical research on complex accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners under US GAAP and IFRS
- Responsible for leading business combination accounting
- Draft and maintain global accounting policies and memos
- Keep business partners abreast of developments in accounting and financial reporting and related firm policies and positions through issuance of various publications, training sessions, and other meeting forums
- Manage and prepare SEC filings and quarterly earnings releases
- Manage the accounting for stock-based compensation (ASC 718), treasury accounting (ASC 815), lease accounting (ASC 842), and other areas. Collaborate with revenue team on revenue accounting issues (ASC 606)
- Drive cross-functional process efficiencies by helping manage various operational and systems-driven projects
What You Bring To The Team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 8-12 years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or public multinational high-tech companies
- Experience working in a technical accounting or similar role
- Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles, with a strong knowledge of SEC reporting regulations, lease accounting, SBC, and revenue accounting principles
- Knowledge in working with ERP systems (NetSuite a plus)
- Excellent project management, oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Interpersonal skills & personnel management skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
- Self-starter who’s excited to own & drive process & projects
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.