Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking an experienced software engineer for our FlashBlade Platforms Team. You will be working as part of a small, dynamic team and will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing system software functionality for Pure’s upcoming platforms.
- Full life cycle software development from architecture through development, release and maintenance.
- Requirements analysis and specification.
- Designing, coding, and debugging systems in C/C++ and Python.
- Implementation of software for inventory, configuration, fail over, environmental monitoring, enclosure management, manufacturing etc.
- Inter-component interface design (both SW<->HW and application<->system software).
- System power on and hardware bring-up.
- Integration with existing infrastructure, and cross-team development to support new features and capabilities.
- Vendor requirements specification and follow through to system delivery.
- Software for firmware management including versioning, updating, minimizing availability impact, etc.
- You will have proven ability and the desire to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment.
- Excellent coding skills (Python and C/C++).
- Hands on experience with hardware platforms, including design/requirements feedback, hardware bring-up, debugging, manufacturing and support.
- Experience with most or all of: CPU architectures (x86 or ARM preferred), BIOS/BMC/device firmware, SAS, PCI-e, I2C (and SMBUS, PMBUS variants).
- 4-7+ years experience developing on Linux or other *NIX variants.
- B.S. or higher degree in CS or equivalent experience.
- Kernel and device driver experience is highly desired.
- Storage experience is desirable but not necessary.
- Energetic/passionate to learn new technologies and get them delivered to customers.
- Good verbal communication & collaboration skills.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific backgrounds second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our employees in moving around to different teams and projects across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.