Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For 5 straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground-breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Technical Design Architect (Active Cluster & Cloud), you will utilize your strong technical competencies in the field of replication, clustering, cloud offerings as well as data migrations, to provide the highest level of implementation capability and technical consultation to both customers and Pure sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services and engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to present targeted solutions to our customer base. You will build replication, clustering and migration solutions for our customers and will be expected to be a member of the hands-on team delivering these services across the Americas. The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will possess a thorough understanding of IT architecture, designing solutions, networking and implementation of these solutions and must have significant experience across different replication technologies, clustering, cloud and data migration solutions. You will also be experienced in delivering large scale and complex projects utilizing all the mentioned offerings and will also be skilled in scripting to enable automation of these processes where appropriate.
TDAs work with customers, sales teams, engineering and Pure partners to:
- To understand prospect’s technical needs related to a specific market or specific product (i.e. block, virtualized, file solutions, clustering, replication best practice, disaster recovery, business contingency).
- In a post-sales consultative role to support the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped and subsequently sold.
- To provide technical consultation/education to the sales teams and keep them apprised on new replication offerings and data migrations solutions.
- Participate in customer evaluations and proof of concepts on Pure systems.
- Advise and consult on engineering developments and strategies for replication, clustering and data migrations, ensuring these solutions meet and integrate into our clients DR and BCP best practices.
- Plan, conduct and direct projects to support sales efforts and address future customer needs
- Evaluate partner proposals for migration services to ensure they deliver quality and value for money to Pure.
- Deliver replication, clustering and migration solutions to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a team.
- Develop scripts for both integration of Pure storage into a customer’s operational environment and the automation of replication, clustering, cloud and data migrations.
Job Requirements - Experience with the below technologies.
- FlashArray experience / Replication technologies (Active Cluster or similar).
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based offerings.
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets.
- Networking concepts and high-level designs.
- Cirrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions for migrating block data).
- Virtualization Tools - Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud solutions).
- Proven experience of scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, Powershell, Visual Basic, Python.
- Networking infrastructure (Nexus / ACI / Broadcom / Brocade).
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, StorageX, Open Replicator.
- Data Center Migration Implementations for block and file.
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms and performance tuning experience.
- Windows, AIX and Linux Operating systems.
- Hyper-V and VMWare ESX (vRA / SRM).
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based offerings.
- Disaster Recovery, Replication, Backup technologies (Zerto / Veeam / Rubrik / Veritas NBU).
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture solution.
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment.
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team leadership skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 8 to 10years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Pure products and services is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in data migration tool sets (specifically the Cirrus Data Appliance) and disciplines.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
What You Bring to The Team
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back to the community, across the globe.