Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Pure Storage is seeking a Systems Engineer to sell into accounts in Denver.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities.
- Assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Prepare and deliver of technical product and architecture presentations to customers and ensure the technical win within the new prospects and clients.
- Capture new solution requirements.
- Identify and encourage new opportunities for interoperability, functional, and performance testing/validation.
- Facilitate mutual roadmap and planning exchanges
- Work with product and technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
What You Bring To The Team
- 10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Pre-sales experience is required.
- Prior experience in targeting new prospects and converting them into clients.
- Application knowledge is highly desirable.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.