Who is Pure Storage?
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution encouraged by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Who Is The Support Team?
Pure's Tech Support organization is lead by Colin Mead with upwards of 200 employees across 4 locations in California, Utah, Ireland and Asia. All of the support teams are continuing to grow overall; Utah is our largest 24/7 Support center with over 130 team members.
Tech Support is a key customer facing org that's recognized for providing excellent quality customer service. This team offers career advancement opportunities and they're a fun group who work hard to make Pure the best storage company!
How Will You Contribute?
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT, Dublin, Ireland & Singapore, Asia. We are looking for a senior Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to join our 24x7 Support team. Our culture focuses on 5 key values – Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware, software, and environmental factors within our Flash Blade product. As Support Engineers, you utilize your deep technical expertise to tackle technical problems. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build strong networks across different departments in the company.
- Dedicatedly seek to understand customer expectations.
- Answer and resolve support cases across all severity levels.
- Champion and track customer issues using our ticket tracking system.
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is concise and professional.
- Share and document knowledge via FAQ / KB articles, which can be internal or customer facing.
- Develop junior support engineers through training, and coaching.
- Champion multiple projects/support cases simultaneously.
- Champion customer issues internally, and represent the company externally.
- Leads large multi participant customer calls, including hot critical issues.
- As TSE II, you normally receive little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required.
What Do We Want You to Bring to The Team?
- Minimum five years of experience in customer-facing, technical support work.
- Authority multiple technologies.
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and issues utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-platform-system-vendor environment.
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software products.
- Ability to triage issues, and raise them to appropriate engineering groups as necessary.
- Authoritative knowledge of technologies such as operating systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage area networks.
- Knowledge, and ability to fix Networking, Replication, Performance and Space issues.
- Demonstration of domain expertise in one or more of the following: NFS, S3, SMB, LDAP, IPv6.
- Willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
- Three or more years of experience in a Technical Support Environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.