Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
The Pure1 Team
Pure1 is the unifying manageability and intelligence layer on top of all Pure products - Flasharray, Flashblade, ObjectEngine, and more to come. It is the nexus of our promise of a simple customer experience, providing insights and tools to help make our customers’ lives better. The team works on everything from:
- On device RESTful APIs, CLI’s, and user interfaces that interact with complex underlying protocols yet help customers easily use our products
- Web infrastructure and Data processing pipelines that manage petabytes of data being sent home to our cloud hosted systems in real-time
- An industry-leading SaaS cloud platform, Pure1 Manage, which allows customers to manage their array from any browser or from the Pure1 Mobile App. We build tools to manage large fleets of devices and help customers identify and quickly diagnose issues across the stack
Pure1 Meta: Pure1 broke barriers with simple cloud-based management and effortless predictive support. Now it’s time for another breakthrough: introducing Pure1 Meta, the global predictive intelligence enabling our vision for self-driving storage. The foundation of Pure1 services, Pure1 Meta is global intelligence built from a massive collection of storage array health and performance data. By continuously scanning call-home telemetry from Pure’s installed base, Pure1 Meta uses machine learning predictive analytics to help resolve potential issues and optimize customer workloads.
Pure Storage is seeking a senior machine learning engineer to work on our industry leading predictive analytics product - META.
You will work on building customer facing systems that analyze the petabytes of telemetry data we collect and create insights to help our customers optimize their usage, plan for growth and identify at risk systems. Responsibilities will include
- Lead new engineering projects from start to finish
- Architect machine learning approaches to a custom problem such as optimizing placement of workloads in a system
- Improve the accuracy of our core models for predicting customer workloads by analyzing the data for new features
- Implement new ML methods such as LSTM's to improve our time series modeling and anomaly detection systems
- Writing production code to run and serve these models
- Writing platforms and pipelines for training and running machine learning models
- Code review and mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years of experience on a data or machine learning team
- Experience mentoring junior engineers into effective individual contributors
- You know how to manipulate data to perform analysis, including querying data, defining metrics, or slicing and dicing data to evaluate a hypothesis.
- Using Python, Jupyter notebooks, SQL, AWS
- Familiarity with time series analysis
- Familiarity with deep learning architectures, especially RNN's, LSTM's is a plus
- Familiarity with Spark is a plus
No Storage? No Problem
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our engineers in moving around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Your Development and Career Growth
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure Is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.