BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
FlashBlade (FB) was designed from the ground up to serve as a Dynamic Data Hub that eliminates silos across backup, analytics, and AI workflows. Customers frustrated by slow restore times associated with legacy PBBA platforms can dramatically improve RTO and RPO by using FlashBlade as a backup target—- with the investment protection of a Data Hub foundation that supports next generation workloads such as aAnalytics.
Our mission is to make FB the obvious choice due to its proven scalable backup and restore performance, capacity, density and simplicity. The recent addition of StorReduce technology to the Pure Storage portfolio will improve the offering by providing deduplication as well as cloud mobility capabilities.
As a FB Solution Specialist, you will promote Pure in data protection opportunities. Consult and advise customers on crafting, managing, and scaling systems for backup/rapid restore, as well as help in competitive analysis, crafting POCs, and benchmarking.
In this role you exhibit deep technical experience working with technologies related to data protection. You are familiar with the ecosystem of software vendors in the space, and will demonstrate this knowledge to help us decide where we should invest from a partnership and product perspective. This position can be based in any major US city and is roughly 60% customer/channel -facing, 20% enablement of Pure’s field organization and the Pure Channel, and 20% solution guidance/strategy based on your observations in the field.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Deep understanding of data protection/backup software- in particular, Veritas NetBackup, Commvault, and Veeam and Dell/EMC Data Domain
- Proven background in architecting data protection environments, and working experience on handling and maintaining these systems.
- Deep understanding of the major public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP) and technical capabilities
- Excellent content creation, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work in an open office, team environment.
- Degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics or related field.
- Proven experience on deploying advanced data protection solutions.
- 5+ years’ of proven experience in IT Infrastructure with special emphasis in data protection and/or hybrid cloud.
- Extensive experience in the cloud based solutions.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.