Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
The Pure Human Resources team has been gaining significant momentum in adding value to our business. We have built - and are continuing to evolve - our HR team across a number of areas, from Learning & Development, HR Operations and Talent Management to Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and People Analytics. The success of Pure depends on a rich array of products and services that meet, exceed and delight our customers….and the Pure HR team is in the heart and center of all that we do.
About the Role
The HR Director will enable business success, amplify our culture and increase organizational effectiveness through Pure’s People strategy across our Marketing, and G&A teams.
It is an important front facing position covering Marketing, Finance, Legal, Operations and Information Technology (IT). Each team is involved in unifying the business needs and propelling company growth.
Corporate Functions includes two relatively new organizations at Pure: the Corporate Development and Strategic Planning team, as well as our Business Operations / Optimization team.
- Leading through Culture and Values through language, actions, and the complete employee experience.
- Consulting on and improving the organizational design, role structure, and communication flow to align to business strategy and priorities in the region.
- Providing expertise and influence in organization development, including site strategy and global workforce management, as well as an understanding of how to participate in and impact Pure’s business growth strategy.
- Delivering all HR programs such as performance assessments, promotions, succession planning, and employee engagement plans with Excellence and global consistency.
- Being a champion for data and metrics: leveraging analytics to influence business leaders and shaping direction and guidance.
- Providing change management and leadership coaching to successfully embrace opportunities of scale and growth.
- Interacting across a sophisticated global HR organization and COE’s, from Learning & Development and Talent Management to Total Rewards and People Analytics.
- Participating in company-wide talent initiatives, collaborating for global success for Pure Storage Talent Organization.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA/BS or equivalent plus 12+ years of relevant & progressive HR experience
- Strong business acumen paired with talent acumen and business-centric problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of navigating organizational boundaries and building strong partnerships with stakeholders to influence decisions/actions and produce results
- A “business first” mindset of understanding Pure’s portfolio of products and services, and using that knowledge to apply HR and People solutions and outcomes
- An ability to toggle across the strategic and operational - the ability to balance the day-to-day work activities across an array of client groups while instilling value-added business partnership
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- An awareness that to thrive in today’s economy, a global mindset and approach is paramount
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas: employee engagement, performance management, learning and development, data and analytics, etc...
- Prior experience with a technology company required; cloud, BI/analytics, or platform as a service setting preferred
- Thrives in an unstructured environment and helps others do the same
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers a flexible vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area but across the globe.