Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
Employees work closely with one another to build a strong collaborative partnership and help make Pure successful. We offer a wide variety of career advancement opportunities and interaction with top Pure executives. We work hard but also know how to have fun! Pure is an exciting place to work, come join us on the journey!
What You Will Be Doing
The Sales Finance lead is a key role that provides the opportunity to help shape the future, drive change, and be at the center of the action. If you like to be challenged and motivated by the opportunity to guide and impact the business and finance strategy for what lies ahead, this role is for you!
The FP&A team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate with strong financial and business insight, to lead strategic and financial initiatives partnering with global sales leadership. You will partner closely with multiple sales function leaders and impact a critical part of Pure's strategy and business execution..
This is a highly visible position and will require you to have demonstrated a consistent record in business partnership and business analytics and the ability to tell a story through data. The role also requires high level of cross-group collaboration, analytical skills, experience in influencing others and executive maturity skills. You will have the unique opportunity to lead and influence a core part of Pure's strategy.
You will also:
- Drive Finance & Business Excellence
- Establish and improve process and reporting with focus on most impactful and actionable insights
- Drive financial empowerment and accountability at multiple levels of management and across all actionable investment areas
- Challenge existing norms or courses of action, facilitating fully informed decision-making. Create constructive friction by courageously asking the right questions and challenging assumptions as we continue to transform our business.
- Grow the Business
- Understand the story behind the numbers and translate this into forward-looking narratives and forecasts which align with underlying Business and Market Insight.
- Identify and utilize the right data to help sales leaders see around corners and continue to grow the business with minimal disruption
- Cross-team Leadership
- Delivers Results through Teamwork: Work effectively across teams including field management, sales operations, HR, sales compensation, aligning people and resources, establishing high standards of performance and creating a climate of mutual accountability that delivers expected business results.
- Helps institute balanced decision-making, driving the business to identify both risk and opportunity. Acts as a good steward of the business by acting as the conscience of the company and approaches problems with an entrepreneurial mindset.
What You Bring To The Team
- The position requires an individual who understands how to get things done through influence and collaboration. The ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive closure on issues and results is very important.
- Ability to quickly connect the dots across ambiguous landscapes and navigate through uncertain situations to work towards clarity will help ensure success.
- Roll up the sleeves attitude to dive into dive into building top flight processes and models
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; skilled in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications.
- Finance, Accounting, Economics BS degree or equivalent. MBA preferred and a plus
- 10+ Years of increasing FP&A responsibilities and demonstrated success in leading and developing direct reports
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Anaplan software a plus
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.