BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Sales Finance lead is a key role that provides the opportunity to help shape the future, drive change, and be at the center of the action. If you like to be challenged and motivated by the opportunity to guide and impact the business and finance strategy for what lies ahead, this role is for you!
The FP&A team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate with strong financial and business insight, to lead strategic and financial initiatives partnering with global sales leadership. You will partner closely with multiple sales function leaders and impact a critical part of Pure's strategy and business execution..
This is a highly visible position and will require you to have demonstrated a consistent record in business partnership and business analytics and the ability to tell a story through data. The role also requires high level of cross-group collaboration, analytical skills, experience in influencing others and executive maturity skills. You will have the unique opportunity to lead and influence a core part of Pure's strategy.
You will also:
- Drive Finance & Business Excellence
- Establish and improve process and reporting with focus on most impactful and actionable insights
- Drive financial empowerment and accountability at multiple levels of management and across all actionable investment areas
- Challenge existing norms or courses of action, facilitating fully informed decision-making. Create constructive friction by courageously asking the right questions and challenging assumptions as we continue to transform our business.
- Grow the Business
- Understand the story behind the numbers and translate this into forward-looking narratives and forecasts which align with underlying Business and Market Insight.
- Identify and utilize the right data to help sales leaders see around corners and continue to grow the business with minimal disruption
- Cross-team Leadership
- Delivers Results through Teamwork: Work effectively across teams including field management, sales operations, HR, sales compensation, aligning people and resources, establishing high standards of performance and creating a climate of mutual accountability that delivers expected business results.
- Helps institute balanced decision-making, driving the business to identify both risk and opportunity. Acts as a good steward of the business by acting as the conscience of the company and approaches problems with an entrepreneurial mindset.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- The position requires an individual who understands how to get things done through influence and collaboration. The ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive closure on issues and results is very important.
- Ability to quickly connect the dots across ambiguous landscapes and navigate through uncertain situations to work towards clarity will help ensure success.
- Roll up the sleeves attitude to dive into dive into building top flight processes and models
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; skilled in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications.
- Finance, Accounting, Economics BS degree or equivalent. MBA preferred and a plus
- 10+ Years of increasing FP&A responsibilities and demonstrated success in leading and developing direct reports
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Anaplan software a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.