Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For 4 straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Operations at Pure
Operations consist of over 100 employees covering areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities.
The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close-knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
What You Will Be Doing
- Primarily focused on manufacturing process quality of PCBs and at suppliers’ sites throughout product life cycle (NPI to EOL).
- Develop and deploy effective supplier qualification process for PCBs
- Create and implement comprehensive PFMEA, Quality Control Plans, and Procedures to ensure robust manufacturing quality at suppliers.
- Engage cross-functionally with Pure’s internal teams such as Program Management, HW Engineering, Product Engineering, Test Engineering and with Suppliers’ teams to establish robust process controls.
- Actively participate in NPI builds and track quality/process issues to closure through cross functional review of DFM analysis with PE.
- Perform regular audits and identify/implement best practices at the designated suppliers.
- Set yield targets, review weekly yields and drive continuous improvement.
- Maintain quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes, and finished goods
- Investigate failures and coordinate failure analysis. Drive root cause of issues and ensure corrective actions are implemented and maintained. Bring visibility to potential quality issues and follow through to resolution.
- Expect considerable travel (~50%) mostly within China but may extend to other parts of Asia also.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience in PCB and PCBA manufacturing process (or MS in Electrical Engineering with 7+ years relevant experience).
- Very good knowledge of PCB manufacturing process’s failure modes and demonstrated experience in solving complex PCB manufacturing quality issues.
- Knowledge of reliability testing methods for proving PCB’s manufacturing process integrity.
- Proficiency with relevant standards for PCB manufacturing (IPC, J-STD etc) is required.
- Working knowledge of PCB design validation tools such as Valor and Cadence desired.
- Good communication skills (both written & verbal) in English and Mandarin is a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and experience working effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Experience in Data Center (server or storage components industry)ISO auditor and Lean Six Sigma certifications are desired.