Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
Employees work closely with one another to build a strong collaborative partnership and help make Pure successful. We offer a wide variety of career advancement opportunities and interaction with top Pure executives. We work hard but also know how to have fun! Pure is an exciting place to work, come join us on the journey!
What You Will Be Doing
The Director of Corporate FP&A will be the leader of our Corporate FP&A team, managing a team of 4. This role is responsible for generating and delivering insight and recommendations to our executive leadership on a recurring basis through our weekly, monthly, and quarterly review cadence. The successful candidate will drive operational processes and systems that scale for Pure’s growth with improved efficiency. This role will also focus on driving more alignment and consistency with our Business Partner leads who support Sales & Marketing, BUs, G&A and Operations & Customer Support leadership teams, understanding what they need to support their business partners and providing tools and processes they can leverage. This alignment will also help ensure consistency in the corporate consolidation process for planning, forecast and monthly/quarterly financial and operational reporting.
- Drive analyses that deliver insights and recommendations to our executive leadership team for strategic and operational planning decisions.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, forecasting, planning and modeling tools and processes.
- Drive focus on consistent, integrated systems and building scalable processes, including getting more into the operational “nits” that feed into the information and data the Corporate FP&A team needs to look at company-wide trends and performance indicators.
- Lead cross functional teams to look across our systems (Anaplan, SFDC, NetSuite, Concur, WorkDay, etc) and assess how they can integrate and scale.
- Partner with our Business Partner FP&A leads to understand how they provide Finance support, what they need and how Corporate FP&A can enable them to provide the best support.
- Come up with a consistent budget tracking system/process the various groups can leverage
- Deliver a business partner financial package that can be leveraged by Corporate FP&A for consolidations as well as the business partner FP&A leads to communicate financial results in a standard format to their business partners on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform ad hoc analysis including, but not limited to, bookings progress, gross margin trends, headcount and hiring status, opex trends, and other operational metrics.
What You Bring To The Team
- The position requires an individual who has successfully scaled a Corporate FP&A function at a fast paced / high growth technology company.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; skilled in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications.
- Ability to influence senior leadership and operationally execute decisions.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Finance, Accounting, Economics BS degree or equivalent. MBA preferred and a plus
- 12+ Years of increasing FP&A responsibilities
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Curiosity to take deep dives into status quo and drive effective changes that scale, even or especially if it means establishing new processes or what hasn’t been done before.
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Anaplan software a plus
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.