Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
This is a hunter role with high activity competing against other companies to win new business. In this role, you will partner with a Sales Engineer and our Channels team to help ensure maximum success in the region. This role will focus on a select few Enterprise accounts in the Bay Area.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive new business and ensure customer satisfaction, while maintaining an accurate forecast.
- Generating revenue and working closely with a network of Channel Partners to successfully sell the Pure Storage solution.
- Building a business case and establishing value of the Pure Storage solution to meet the customers’ needs.
- Drive account strategies and coordinate team selling efforts with partners to close business.
- Prospecting: proven track record of penetrating accounts, reaching decision-makers, and closing business of approximately 250 - 350 accounts.
What You Bring To The Team
- 10 + years of outside sales with a focus on new logo acquisition or business development; consistently delivering $5-$10M per year in revenues.
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and driving referenceable business in Storage and/or the data center.
- Avid hunter with proven prospecting skills of penetrating accounts; reaching decision-makers and closing business.
- Ability to assess, plan, and actively manage a territory to achieve maximum revenue and efficiency.
- Passionate about post-sales customer success.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Desire to drive change and evangelize new technologies.
- Proficient with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with metrics, goals and required numbers.
- Knowledge of the storage industry and/or the data center is preferred.
- Competitive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to enthusiastically represent the company.
- Must be able to travel within the assigned region on a regular basis.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.