Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
What You Will Be Doing
he Senior Revenue Accounting Analyst is responsible for operational close activities for revenue and billing, account reconciliation, data analysis of revenue transaction, preparing reports for auditors and management, and partnering with cross-functional teams including FP&A, Sales, Sales-Operations, Operations, and Product Management. We are looking for a driven, hands-on individual that can work independently and think critically. The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, a CPA, and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP including expertise in ASC 606. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be detail oriented and hands-on.
- Ensure revenue recognition in company financials is in accordance with US GAAP under ASC-606
- Interpret unique revenue arrangements, assess and summarize revenue implications, as well as translate the impact to internal stake holders
- Assist in operational revenue activities, including revenue forecasting, economic deal analysis, and billing
- Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts, including cut-off procedures, controls, order approval, and billing
- Maintain and improve control documentation for revenue related processes and key controls
- Research accounting guidance and facilitate technical accounting memos that analyze and conclude on accounting issues and its impact on company financials. Analyze and interpret accounting standards to support new business requirements
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; active CPA preferred
- At least 2-3 years of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- At least 2-3 years of public company revenue experience highly desired
- Knowledge of US GAAP revenue standards and related pronouncements and experience in their application for revenue recognition
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Strong leadership skills and a high degree of business and technical proficiency and judgment are essential
- Working knowledge of Revenue Recognition Accounting under ASC-606
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of customer services, as well as solid communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels, functions, and locations
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, SQL, and/or Tableau highly desired
Pure Creates Opportunities for Your Development and Career Growth
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area but across the globe.
Pure Is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.