BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Senior Revenue Accounting Analyst is responsible for operational close activities for revenue and billing, account reconciliation, data analysis of revenue transaction, preparing reports for auditors and management, and partnering with cross-functional teams including FP&A, Sales, Sales-Operations, Operations, and Product Management. We are looking for a driven, hands-on individual that can work independently and think critically. The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, a CPA, and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP including expertise in ASC 606. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be detail oriented and hands-on.
- Ensure revenue recognition in company financials is in accordance with US GAAP under ASC-606
- Interpret unique revenue arrangements, assess and summarize revenue implications, as well as translate the impact to internal stake holders
- Assist in operational revenue activities, including revenue forecasting, economic deal analysis, and billing
- Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts, including cut-off procedures, controls, order approval, and billing
- Maintain and improve control documentation for revenue related processes and key controls
- Research accounting guidance and facilitate technical accounting memos that analyze and conclude on accounting issues and its impact on company financials. Analyze and interpret accounting standards to support new business requirements
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; active CPA preferred
- At least 2-3 years of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- At least 2-3 years of public company revenue experience highly desired
- Knowledge of US GAAP revenue standards and related pronouncements and experience in their application for revenue recognition
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Strong leadership skills and a high degree of business and technical proficiency and judgment are essential
- Working knowledge of Revenue Recognition Accounting under ASC-606
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of customer services, as well as solid communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels, functions, and locations
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, SQL, and/or Tableau highly desired
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.