Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Pure Storage is seeking a dynamic Industry Solutions Lead for the Financial Services industry, responsible for setting the technology and business direction for the sector.
As Industry Solutions Lead, your vision, strategy and leadership will set the technical and strategic direction for the industry. A strong understanding of industry trends, customer challenges, the Pure offering and the competitive environment will be your compass in establishing Pure’s offering for target markets.
In close and effective collaboration with product management, sales, and executive leadership, you will institute Pure’s solution and business value and make it the best choice for customers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive the development of the overall strategy to achieve the company’s goals in the vertical. Strategy may include key segments, companies, solutions and personas to target, penetration and growth use cases as well as key messages.
- Drive key messages and stories by persona, solutions and product capabilities, and contribute to the production of collaterals in the form of presentations, white papers, demonstrations, proofs of concepts etc.
- Generate excitement internally and externally around the vision, and work with marketing to increase awareness of Pure’s value proposition in the industry, using marketing events, campaigns and industry forums.
- Collaborate with customers to architect solutions and value propositions that address their technology needs and business drivers.
- Build relationships with strategic customers and prospects, to open doors and develop opportunities, and guide the sales team in delivering the best technology solution.
- Ensure successful deployments and time to value from Pure solutions and accelerate follow-on revenue from existing customers.
- Collaborate with engineering, product and solutions management to prioritize product capabilities and key use cases in the vertical. Orchestrate cross-functional alignment to ensure effective go to market.
- Help drive alliances and certifications that accelerate the adoption of Pure solutions.
Monitor, track, and manage the overall health of the business in the segment.
What You Will Bring The Team
- Strong knowledge of the applications and data management strategies within Banking, Financial Services and Insurance industry segments, as well as the industry ecosystem.
- Strong product experience across vendors, including solid working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- An astute ability to understand customer technology pains and constraints, and business drivers to articulate a vision of the ‘to be’ architecture that enables business goals.
- Strong executive presence, technical credibility and the ability to evangelize as a thought leader and trusted advisor with client stakeholders
- Firm knowledge of industry trends, broad and deep experience with technology and a high degree of polished business acumen
- The innate ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- A creative, entrepreneurial and ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization (s), including sales, engineering and product management
- Knowledge of data science, modern IT architecture modeling, agile application development and DevOps methods, CICD, automation principles is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in technical leadership expertise
- 50% travel required
- Strong innovative disposition
Pure Creates Opportunities for Your Development and Career Growth
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure Is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.