At Pulumi, we’re building the Cloud Engineering Platform enabling the future of developer-first infrastructure. We believe that programming the cloud should be just as productive, joyful, and flow-inducing as your local dev loop. We want to make janky internal developer portals and homegrown infrastructure DSLs a thing of the past. Every engineer deserves delightful tools.
We employ a unique philosophy toward achieving this goal:
- We succeed and fail as a team
- An inclusive environment bubbles the best ideas to the top
- Our customers sit at the center of every decision
- We achieve the best results through openness and honesty, even when uncomfortable
- Work smart, but bias for action and results
- Our natural curiosity for technology keeps us always learning
- Think big, dream, and define the future of engineering in the cloud
Our team builds the SaaS offering built on top of the Pulumi OSS project. Thousands of companies rely on our Cloud Engineering Platform to be productive and ship software to their customers every day. Our unique philosophy is that we are not a walled garden, and acknowledge that a lot of real work happens in internal developer portals. Anything we ship via our SaaS should be consumable by our customers via APIs and programmatic widgets. As a web platform engineer, you’ll be responsible for building foundational technology to support this strategy.
On any given day at Pulumi you might find yourself:
- Working closely with product, design, and our community to deliver new features in the Pulumi SaaS
- Designing Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) and Cross-Origin Resource Policy (CORP) models to securely embed dynamic content from our SaaS on customer-controlled domains
- Instrumenting and optimizing performance to improve bundle sizes, time to interactive (TTI), and time to first byte (TTFB)
- Selecting foundational web technology to power our embedded experiences
We’re hiring motivated engineers from entry-level to principal, but it helps if you have experience and excitement for:
- Schema, index, and query design for MySQL or Postgres
- Backend engineering in a language like Go, C#, Java, etc.
- Experience designing cloud infrastructure on AWS, Azure, GCP, or Kubernetes.
- Health - We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. It is free for our direct employees to be on our insurance.
- Time Off - Unlimited personal time off (PTO) we ask that employees take at least 3 weeks off during the year in addition to the two annual company-wide wellness weeks.
- Parental Leave - 20 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent or primary caregiver, and 16 for non-birthing parent or secondary caregiver.
- Remote-First - We are a 100% remote-first company with employees in nearly 20 states, and growing internationally; we encourage asynchronous communication and autonomy. We also provide an annual work from anywhere fund to help cover the employee costs of working remotely.
- Professional Development & Growth - We encourage a lifelong learning mindset and every employee is given an annual professional development budget.
- Equity - As a small but growing startup, we all act like owners and you will earn equity in the company.
- Additional Funds - We offer employees a monthly wellness fund to be spent on anything physical and/or mental wellbeing related. We also provide a quarterly happiness fund to be used toward anything that makes our employees happy!
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.