We are looking for a passionate Senior Technical Content Engineer to educate Pulumi’s rapidly growing community on cloud engineering best practices and how best to maximize use of the Pulumi platform to achieve success in developing modern cloud applications. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud and be integral in bringing a cloud engineering skill base into organizations worldwide.
In this role, you will communicate Pulumi's unique and innovative worldview and approach to the world of developers and engage with customers to solve complex problems and create scale by sharing these solutions with cloud engineering practitioners globally.
In addition to engaging deeply with the community, you will also work closely with Pulumi’s product and engineering teams to ensure that the needs of the community are always served by the Pulumi platform.
While Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA, this position is remote-USA.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Write blog posts or whitepapers that offer architectural guidance, analyze varying technological viewpoints, and illustrate patterns and concepts around cloud engineering.
- Create the technical curriculum and content (e.g., tutorials, workshops) to get customers from a 100 to 400 level
- Build out a library of reference architectures for popular application stacks
- Create demos to be used in talks, blogs, social media, and community opportunities.
- Define, document, and share cloud engineering best practices and create open source, reusable Pulumi components which will be used by the cloud engineering community.
Expect to be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with a world class team of great people.
- 3+ years in a software development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience of building content to educate developers.
- Ability to author assets such as blog articles, tutorials, and workshops.
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies a plus:
- Cloud Platforms: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.