We are looking for Software Engineers to contribute on all layers of building the Pulumi Platform, building and delivering major components of our open source products. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
As part of the Open Source Engineering team, you'll be an early contributor to the Pulumi open source platform across one (or many!) of our: programming models, cloud APIs, core infrastructure deployment engine, distributed systems primitives and more. You'll work at the forefront of the intersection between cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes) and developer platforms (programming languages, APIs, and application lifecycle), helping to define the future of what it means to program the cloud.
Expect to be challenged, learn, and collaborate with a phenomenal team of interesting people.
Location: Remote - USA. Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA.
In This Job You Will:
- Work on projects from concept to completion: collaborating with fellow engineers and customers to prototype, design, engineer, and test new features.
- Interact with the team and open source community to adjust roadmaps and to scope features.
- Contribute to the Pulumi community. Engage with our users to gather feedback, produce new sample content, and generally increase excitement about what we’re building.
- Test, check and collaborate to ensure great performance, reliability, and maintainability of your code,
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
- An understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software architecture.
- Comfort with all/some of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience with deployment orchestration and infrastructure-as-code tools.
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and interest in building developer tooling.
- The ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.