We are looking for a passionate Senior Customer Engineer to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
In this customer-facing support engineering role, you will be key to our customers’ success in deploying, using, and growing their usage of Pulumi within their organization. It will be your job to triage, research, and resolve customer support issues, engage with our community on GitHub, Slack, Stack Overflow, and paid support channels. We are customer obsessed and looking for someone that shares this passion.
Expect to be challenged, learn, and collaborate with a phenomenal team of interesting people.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA. This role is home office based in Australia to best serve our global customer base. We are committed to our remote workforce and building a cohesive team.
In This Job You Will:
- Provide in depth technical support for customers and community users on setup, usage, issues, etc. across Zendesk, GitHub, Slack, Stack Overflow, etc.
- Gain deep real-world knowledge across a variety of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, etc) and languages (TypeScript, Go, Python, etc).
- Create technical materials for customers - examples, tutorials, guides, reference architectures, etc.
- Design and conduct onboarding and technical training for customers.
- Close the loop between customers, product, and engineering teams, championing the product to the customer, and bringing their requirements to the roadmap.
- Be challenged, solve new problems, teach about our technologies, and figure out new, better ways to delight our customers.
- Speak at Meetups, Conferences and other in-person and online events to get developers excited about Pulumi.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
- 10+ years of experience in a support or other customer-facing role.
- A commitment to user experience, customer optimization and successful implementation of new products.
- Deep familiarity with core web infrastructure, Open Source technologies, and public cloud platforms.
- Exceptional customer management and communication skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.