Public.com is an investing platform that helps people be better investors. Members can invest in any fractional asset, from stocks, ETFs, and crypto, to art, NFTs, and collectibles of any kind - all in one place.
On Public, people’s portfolios are supported by a suite of investing tools, content, and a community of millions of investors, creators, and analysts. This includes live shows about the markets, Town Halls with company executives, and custom company metrics.
Since 2019, Public has raised over $300 million. Investors include Accel, Tiger Global, as well as Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Maria Sharapova, Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.
About the Role:
To support their ambitious goals, they are looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in their mission to fundamentally change the way people invest. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the Trading team. As Engineering Manager, you will join a growing team of highly skilled engineers and ensure a high level of teamwork and leadership through coaching and mentorship in an agile CI/CD environment. Due to Public.com’s success you will have the opportunity for professional as well as personal growth in a company with enormous international ambitions.
Note: this role is onsite (hybrid) in our Copenhagen office.
What you’ll do:
- Take lead on developing a brand-new Trading platform
- Optimize the agile processes, and encourage teamwork in the team and between the teams
- Building up the team – leadership, coaching, recruiting
- Work closely with CTO and the Engineering Management team as well as Product Management in New York
- Facilitate and support the team in delivering quality software
- Focus on developing high quality software that will help disrupt the traditional stock market
Who you are:
The ideal candidate has several years of experience in a similar role preferably from technical background and be passionate about agile development processes. Experience with the trading domain is a must. Additionally, you have a “get stuff done” attitude with a high intellectual capacity and a passion for teamwork, technology, and complex challenges.
Specifically, you have:
- A strong background from the trading domain
- Experience in Java, Spring Boot, or .Net
- Experience in Financial Technology and/or Financial Services
- Solid fundamentals in data models/structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, and knowledge of development best practices
- Proficiency in RESTful APIs
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
- Flexibility and capacity to switch contexts as business needs evolve
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, and AWS is a plus
Public.com is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.