Public.com lets you invest in any fractional asset, from stocks, ETFs, and crypto, to art, NFTs, and collectibles of any kind - all in one place.
Public helps people be better investors with a suite of investing tools, unique company data, and a community of millions of investors, creators, and analysts. This includes live shows about the markets, Town Halls with company executives, and custom company metrics.
Since 2019, Public has raised over $300 million. Investors include Accel, Tiger Global, as well as Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Maria Sharapova, Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.
What you’ll do:
You’ll report to the GM, Alternatives, and help drive strategy and execution on Public’s Alternatives team. You’ll be responsible for working with all functions at Public to manage the Alternatives revenue stream and drive new revenue-generating and cost-optimization initiatives.
This role can be onsite in New York City, NY or remote (US).
- Perform both quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive strategic Alts recommendations, including market trend and competitive landscape analyses, business and financial modeling, operations analyses, customer segmentation and targeting, cost optimization, and more
- Translate strategy into specific Alts business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them
- Partner with individuals across Product, Engineering, Brokerage, Legal, Compliance, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Customer Support, and Business Development to implement improved processes and new strategies for Alts, and help maintain the Alts business
- Assist with all stages of asset lifecycle, from acquisition to logistics (transportation, storage and insurance) to disposition through checklist, document and people management
- Help the GM, Alternatives with preparation of new securities offerings under Regulation A+ of the Securities Act and related ongoing reporting
- Coordinate with internal and external broker-dealers in connection with the Alts business
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in finance, management consulting, and/or startup environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Apps
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally across the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and proactive learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Deeply interested in markets & investing (especially personally!)
- Active Public.com member (sign up today!)
- Legal or regulatory experience, or operations experience at a high-growth (fin)tech startup
- Portfolio/asset management experience
- Proficiency with Tableau
- We offer great health care plans and pay the full premium for you and your family including medical, dental, and vision
- Generous PTO and sick leave
- Annual wellness stipend
- 401k with 4% company match
- Your choice of gear - from laptop to desk, we got you covered
Public.com is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
The pay range for this position in NYC is $125,000-$177,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location.