Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive, educational, and fun.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We just announced our Series D funding round of $220 million, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, Scott Galloway, Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital. Please note this role will be based out of New York City once it is safe to return to the office.
What you’ll do:
In support of our continued expansion, Public is seeking an experienced growth practitioner to lead our performance marketing team which encompases paid user acquisition, lifecycle marketing, and organic growth channels like SEO and ASO. As a seasoned leader with a background rich in campaign optimization and data analysis, you will sit at the helm of a team that is responsible for aggressively growing our user base while maintaining profitable CACs. While your primary duty will be personnel management, the successful candidate will also be a skilled operator who has a deep understanding of how different acquisition channels work and how to affect change within them. This is a highly visible and impactful role in the organization; you will have responsibility over a seven-figure monthly budget and will own the strategy and execution of our biggest growth levers at a time where the company is squarely focused on growth.
- Work closely with the Head of Acquisition Marketing to allocate and manage a multi-million dollar budget across a number of paid and organic media channels.
- Mentor and develop a team of talented marketers across different disciplines.
- Translate overarching company goals into objectives, key results, and processes for your team.
- Effectively communicate your team’s results to the leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Work cross functionally with brand marketing, product, engineering, and analytics to prioritize growth initiatives and enable your team.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience in a performance marketing role, preferably at a consumer tech company
- 2+ years experience leading a team
- Experience managing mobile app campaigns; experience with web acquisition is a plus
- Strong understanding of marketing attribution
- Familiarity with metrics like CPA, IPM, and LTV and how to impact them
- Passion for problem solving: You must be able to break down unfamiliar, possibly daunting problems into manageable bits and deliver solutions
- Experience in fintech or another highly regulated industry
- Be part of a company with a real mission you can be proud of
- Rapidly growing - this role can be a catalyst to up your skills and experience
- We offer great health care plans and pay the full premium for you and your family including medical, dental, and vision
- Generous PTO and sick leave
- Discounted fitness memberships
- 401k with 4% company match after 3 months of employment
- Your choice of gear - from laptop to desk, we got you covered
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.