Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive, educational, and fun.
We’re in hyper-growth mode after announcing our Series C funding round, led once-again by Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, Scott Galloway, Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
What you’ll do:
Community is fundamental to Public’s mission of making the stock market a more inclusive and educational place. At Public, our community operation is core to the product and to everything we’re building. As Community Operations Manager, you’ll join a team that is committed to upholding an educational and inclusive tone among members of our app. Your day-to-day will include engaging our members, helping them find and discover others to connect within the community, and upholding moderation guidelines that maintain a productive environment.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about building the future of community. You love making connections and engaging folks in conversation, and understand how to bring humanity to our inclusive investing tech. You prioritize community safety, too, and act swiftly to enforce our community guidelines when necessary.
- An empath who is energized by empowering others. You’ve got a knack for seeing an opportunity to engage our community. You aren’t afraid to get involved in conversations and know how to navigate them in an inclusive way.
- Someone who is deeply passionate about business and investing. You have a solid grasp of investing fundamentals, and you also understand how to navigate these topics in a human and accessible way. You read all the newsletters, or maybe you even write your own.
- An agile teammate who can seamlessly move from different projects and tasks, and collaborate with colleagues cross-functionally.
- Prior experience in a community engagement role at a high-growth company
- Excellent written communication skills with an ability to dissect complex concepts into digestible terms.
- Passionate networker - not the kind that collects business cards, but someone who spends time adding value to others and forming meaningful and lasting connections
- Be part of a company with a real mission you can be proud of
- Rapidly growing - this role can be a catalyst to up your skills and experience
- We offer great health care plans and pay the full premium for you and your family including medical, dental, and vision
- Generous PTO and sick leave
- Discounted fitness memberships
- 401k with 4% company match after 3 months of employment
- Your choice of gear - from laptop to desk, we got you covered
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.