Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive, educational, and fun.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We just announced our Series D funding round of $220 million, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, Scott Galloway, Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.
We are a very design and creative driven organization, with key leadership having design backgrounds. This permeates across our approach to community, product and marketing.
What you'll do:
We’re looking for a Brand Designer with 3-6 years of experience and an exceptional portfolio that shows the right combination of clear conceptual thinking, a passion for storytelling and flawless design execution. The right person will have the ability to take complex ideas and thoughts and translate them into beautiful and engaging visual expressions - while always pushing boundaries to go far beyond the expected.
This role is remote for now, but will eventually be based in our New York office. You will report to our VP of Brand.
- This role will collaborate with teams and individuals across the organization - leading the charge for all brand marketing content and initiatives - from a visual perspective..
- You will work to bring our brand to life across a wide variety of touchpoints and channels, from digital ads, emails and social media to things like print, merch, video and more.
- Understanding the role of various channels and ways in which our audience interacts with each, is critical.
- We need our Brand Designer to help solidify and push our brand identity forward as we seek to create strong emotional connections with our current and potential community members.
- Executes on established visual, tone, and interaction patterns, while looking for ways to continuously evolve the brand.
- Follow creative briefs to bring concepts and ideas to life clearly - aligned with our brand guidelines - and in a way that reinforces our desire to make the stock market social, and therefore human.
- Autonomously work, multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
What we're looking for:
- 3-6 years of experience as a designer for a startup, established brand or creative agency - with proven versatility across email, social content, and advertising creative.
- You have an innate understanding of what resonates in culture and will move the needle with our brand.
- Experience working with creative briefs and collaborating with designers and other stakeholders (marketing/PR, product, leadership, etc.).
- A passion for the financial markets and a desire to clearly communicate complex concepts in an accessible and educational way.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Simultaneously a team-player and have the ability to autonomously work, multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- You share in our mission to change the culture of investing.
- This role will be responsible for concepting and executing across a wide variety of initiatives - take a look at some of our most recent drops below (i.e. this is not a boring job):
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.