Senior Backend Engineer
KRAFTON America is hiring a Senior Backend Engineer for the Americas Publishing Technology Team that is responsible for developing services and microservices powering growth marketing and publishing activities.
Temporary remote options available while we prepare for you to join us at one of our offices in Santa Monica, California or Saratoga Springs, NY where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
You are capable of playing an integral role in the planning, development, launch, and maintenance of highly scalable microservices, but know your limits and can effectively communicate with and rely on your teammates to be as effective as possible.
Your passion for code has you frequently reflecting and iterating on your craft. You stand out because you aren’t afraid to think outside the box and try something a little crazy in service of a greater vision. You can set an example for more junior engineers through your work and direct mentorship, helping to shape our development culture.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and iterate on scalable, secure, highly-available, backend services and microservices
- Collaborate with frontend, product, and devops partners to assess project scope and dependencies, and establish comprehensive plans to meet project requirements
- Effectively communicate technical risks
- Handle various real-time issues on online services and platform
- Collect and analyze metrics from online services
- Provide input into the product road map, including milestone schedules and deliverables
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in cutting edge technology
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of various projects & products end to end
- Review code and mentor more junior team members
- Build up internal tooling to maximize our effectiveness
The Senior Backend Engineer will report to the Senior Backend Engineer, Team Lead.
- Passionate about building and maintaining internal- and consumer-facing online applications that are secure, highly scalable, and highly available
- 5+ years of experience in building online service or web systems
- Deep knowledge of object oriented design patterns
- Deep knowledge of restful API design and implementation
- Deep knowledge of database systems both relational and NoSQL database
- Experience of utilizing cache, messaging, async processing, etc. in online services
- Experience with deploying and running services on a large scale and mission-critical environment
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with docker / compose
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience with Unix flavored O/S
- Experience in a continuous integration / continuous delivery environment
- Passionate gamer
KRAFTON, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at KRAFTON, Inc., to begin the interactive process.
KRAFTON, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.