The PUBG Universe team is seeking a talented and passionate Art Director to produce visual content with the aim of expanding our beloved IP focusing games, web, and media in the growing PUBG Universe. Candidate should have a diverse background and be able to speak passionately about all manner of games, films, books, and media.
- Establish and support a visual identity for new games, web, and media projects set within the PUBG Universe umbrella.
- Collaborate with the PUBG Story/Creative Development team to identify and improve core visual themes and help elevate narrative content.
- Build, manage, and negotiate with a stable of freelance artists.
- Sketch and concept initial ideas and create polished high quality art when needed.
- Take initiative to solve problems, pivot and adapt with the evolving needs of a project, and work with producers to set deadlines and expectations for leadership.
- Provide feedback – written, reference, or direct paint over – to ensure work hits narrative, aesthetic, and product targets.
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience developing art in Games, Film, Television or relevant entertainment medium.
- Professional experience managing other artists and/or working with art leaders.
- Deep knowledge of various art sub-disciplines.
- Experience with digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Concept and illustration skills.
- A portfolio that showcases your ability to set a marketable artistic vision.
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team player with creative problem-solving abilities.
- A passion for games and cinematic storytelling.
- Experience establishing creative vision, collaboration, and strategy for AAA IPs
- Proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
- Knowledge of IP and story
- Knowledge 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Multi-platform content development experience
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Weekly Grubhub lunch stipend
- Game and Fitness reimbursement programs
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops and free PUBG play on Steam
- Fun team building activities throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.