PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim and has sold many millions of copies, winning multiple game awards worldwide and setting the standard for the battle royale genre. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
We are seeking a Marketing Data Analyst to join our Growth Marketing team full time, supporting the publishing decision-making and all marketing/accounts/community initiatives for the global market from our Santa Monica office. The right candidate will be a highly organized individual with outstanding analytical and communication skills. Being self-motivated is a must, as is familiarity with the whole funnel of data analysis - from processing, cleansing, model-building, and visualizing to communicating results to management and related teams. Working closely with publishing, engineering, and parallel insights teams is a core responsibility for this role. Familiarity with video game culture or experience in the gaming industry is a must to be considered for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing and delivering on complex analytical requests from primary and auxiliary stakeholders
- Develop tools and dashboards that measure the impact of user account and overall publishing activities
- Assist in building ad hoc reports and analyses based on requests from business teams
- Partner with content creators, marketers, engineers, and operators to translate business insights into actionable intelligence
- Find opportunities for growth and efficiencies across the PUBG portfolio.
- Design, analyze, and refine marketing KPIs regionally and globally.
Skills to create thrills
- BA/BS degree in quantitative/analytical field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Engineering – Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a data analytics role at TECHNOLOGY, ENTERTAINMENT or GAMING company to be considered
- Minimum 2 years of data visualization and reporting using BI tools (Tableau, Looker or similar)
- Fluency in JSON, S3, Amazon Glue & Spark required
- Proficiency in SQL – able to write complex but structured and efficient queries and handle edge cases within a large dataset
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong personal, organizational, and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build the business.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Experience with Google Data Studio a plus
- Experience in performing analysis on Hadoop related infrastructure
- Experience with using cloud systems (AWS, Azure or equivalent)
- Passionate gamer
- Hungry for Chicken
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Weekly Grubhub lunch stipend
- Game and Fitness reimbursement programs
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops and free PUBG play on Steam
- Fun team building activities throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.