PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royal video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
We’re seeking a Director of Global Business Development (GBD) in Strategic IP Expansion and Brand Partnership.
In this role, you and your team will
- Shape the transmedia partnership strategy that allows PUBG franchise to deliver new entertainment experiences to the world extending content to different entertainment med, providing the insightful analyses and benchmarks.
- Create opportunities for great Intellectual Property expansion and Franchise branding projects through strong partnerships across business units.
- Negotiate and manage partnerships that can involve IP expansion and branding.
- Work closely with senior executives throughout the Studio leadership group and IP Management teams who helps evaluate opportunities and their proprieties and collaborate with Legal counsels for structuring the deals and minimize legal risks.
- Facilitate alignment of goals and drive clarity around expectations across teams both within senior executives and IP management
- Manage the relationship with creative productions and agencies to ensure their commitment is fulfilled as agreed.
- Proactively identify and raise issues that could impact on the Head of Global Business Development’s agenda.
- Assist the Head of Global Business Development in implementing the company’s creative vision and strategy
- Ensure alignment among often disparate internal and external stakeholders across regions
- Track and synthesize the trends and changes in Content, Marketing and Product strategy to pinpoint and quantify areas that impact the goal of Head of Global Business Development (GBD) and bring actionable recommendations to senior executives on evolving GBD workflow to stay ahead of the changes
- Improve and expand the team by attracting, developing and retaining high performance senior business development managers who excel within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a track-record of “figuring it out.”
- Be both quantitative and qualitative. You should be able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, but also have high EQ, so that you can be a franchise ambassador to the rest of the organization, and our Hollywood and global partners.
- Superb communication skills - You must be able to cultivate strong working relationships, communicate effectively, write meticulously, and give outstanding presentations.
- Interest in data-informed decision-making, and ability to problem-solve with and without perfect metrics.
- Experience in large-scale digital production or publishing, i.e. tech, media, or agency environment.
- Arrive earnest, mature, and ego-free. We welcome open, candid feedback, and expect every teammate to invest in bettering themselves and the group.
- At least 7-10 years of experience as a senior level business development, producer, or product manager leading significant cross-organizational projects.
- A college degree or equivalent background required, MBA a plus.
Ideal candidates will
- Have an eye for compelling entertainment content and be able to advocate on behalf of what’s best for the consumer experience.
- Entertainment industry experiences working with media, television, or film creators. In this role, you will be interfacing with high profile Hollywood and global creative talent.
- Love interacting with content creatives
- Entertainment experience working with media, television, or film creators. In this role, you will be interfacing with high profile Hollywood and global creative talent.
- Experience in IP Expansion and Brand Partnership for gaming company
- Experience translating strategy into tactical execution
- Being bi-lingual in Korean/English is a plus
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Daily lunch stipend to local food hall and fully stocked kitchen for snacks/drinks
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and happy hours throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.