Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, we are a AAA development studio within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. With the release of our first title, The Callisto Protocol, we are excited to continue to grow our team.
Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
- Work with Directors and Leads to define and set the visual standards for high poly models, textures, and shaders.
- Sculpt/model UV & texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline.
- Verify the quality of objects in the game and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Communicate with Concept Artists/Tech Artists/Riggers/Animators in a collaborative environment to create, design and solve characters and creatures, both visually and technically.
- Push the visual bar collaborating with Concept, Lead Artists and Engineers.
- Monitor the quality of outsourced character assets to ensure technical and artistic integrity.
- Manage and mentor other character artists.
- 7+ years’ games industry experience
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity.
- Strong high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills.
- Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality.
- Ability to create complex creature types from bipeds to quadrupeds and beyond.
- Good understanding of human anatomy.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Familiarity with Blendshapes, Facial and Corrective shapes is a plus
- Experience working in-engine to ensure characters are accurately represented in-game (Gameplay/Cinematics) at the highest fidelity.
- A passion and hunger to make the best games.
In California, the standard base pay range for this role is $175,000-$220,000 annually. This base pay range is for California and is not applicable to locations outside of CA. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Due to recent scams, our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com. If you received an email and are unsure you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org