Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio. (Remote work maybe possible in select states.)
What we need:
We’re looking for a highly skilled Product Manager who will develop acquisition, engagement, and monetization features and content that will help grow player value across diverse player needs.
- You will be responsible for defining and driving acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies for features and content within our game
- You are passionate about our game, think quantitatively and rigorously, and can develop and maintain a deep understanding of the needs and expectations of our players.
- You will develop and manage key game features and content releases that further the overall vision of the game and its goals.
- You will leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features & tactics to impact KPIs. You will collaborate with our stakeholders to provide input on live performance and help influence the roadmap to ensure that business goals are being met.
- You will bring novel perspectives and identify new opportunity spaces by challenging existing viewpoints, all in the effort to help build a better game. You will have the space to proactively seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise. As part of a lean, focused team you will have the opportunity to shine here.
- You will collaborate closely with talented people within your team as well as other disciplines. You will work together with production team members on figuring out delivery schedules, anticipated revenue impacts, and opportunity costs.
- You will work directly with the game design team, combining expertise to build new in-game products and experiences for our players. You will also collaborate with the analytics team to ensure that needed data is being tracked and that data visualizations/reports are available in order to provide recommendations for the game.
- We are looking for people who are experienced with ecommerce and/or business strategy for consumer facing games
- Several years of advanced product management experience, ideally in video games.
- An applied math, economics, computer science or related degree.
- Graduate degree preferred, but can be replaced by relevant work experience in a corporate insights or consulting role.
- Able to help foster relationships and collaborate with key decision makers and teammates
- Deep understanding of KPIs directly impacting the product.
- Knowledge of how competitors have impacted their products via live services.
- Understanding of in-game economies and what levers can be pulled to alter/change a given economy in the product.
- Very strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven design and decision-making.
- Comfort with statistical concepts and advanced business metrics.
- Working knowledge of data querying languages (SQL/R/Python) and tools. Strong Excel skills, ability to create and manage models and simulators for virtual economies.
- Built or worked on at least one successful web or mobile consumer-facing product
- Experience defining specs or PRDs with clear technical requirements, user flows and wireframes.
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and to build successful interpersonal relationships with discipline partners across the organization.
- A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement
- Full professional proficiency in English