Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. We are a AAA development studio within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. With the release of our first title, The Callisto Protocol, we are excited to continue to grow our team.
Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
What we are looking for:
Striking Distance Studios is seeking a talented Build Engineer to join our team.
- Manage the Continuous Integration and Deployment of internal tools, deployments, and releases.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot build problems and communicate these to the team.
- Troubleshoots application, network, and server-level problems.
- Performs and creates systems for daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of the systems and applications.
- Partners with Development and QA teams for implementation of new game features; partners with other operations teams, IT, and external hosting providers to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure.
- Work closely with IT to implement services for remote distributed services.
- Create and manage ephemeral cloud environments for large scale computing.
- 3+ years of configuration management and engineering experience
- Unreal Engine build experience.
- Programming experience in C, C++, C#, Unreal or similar.
- Scripting and automation skills in one or more of Python, bash, or similar.
- Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform, or similar on ephemeral cloud environments
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins, GitLab, or similar.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing service connectivity issues.
- Experience with source control software Perforce, or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
In California, the expected salary range for this position is $120,000-$155,000. The listed expected salary range represents a good faith estimate and the actual pay may depend on a variety of job-related factors that can include experience, education, skills, and location.
Striking Distance Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Due to recent scams, our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com. If you received an email and are unsure you can always email email@example.com.