Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Engage in the prototyping of game mechanics, proof of concept and experimenting of features in engine and offline via linear sound design and interactive audio environments.
- Design next level audio content with foresight of implementation methodology for said content.
- Author, premix, and integrate audio assets within engine via WWISE and other audio middleware.
- Work within UE4 engine to further integrate authored and designed material.
- Work closely with various teams to achieve audio excellence across all disciplines.
- Engage with Audio Engineers to help refine \ align best practices with the aim of ultimately enhancing the product.
- Collaborate with Audio Director to execute and deliver upon audio feature sets, goals and ensure defined aesthetic is met throughout production.
- Engage in the planning and execution of complex recording sessions both in the field and on stage.
- Occasionally man or direct booth sessions if \ as needed.
- Edit, mix, and master audio materials.
- Excellent Sound Design aesthetic with a keen ear for detail. Capable of delivering on multiple styles and capacities.
- 2+ years of experience in AAA game audio.
- A minimum of two AAA titles shipped as Sound Designer
- WWISE and game scripting experience.
- Field and studio recording experience.
- Experienced in UE4 and scripting.
- Masterful within Pro Tools.
- Experienced with most industry standard plugin and toolsets (Waves, Izotope, etc…)
- Solid grasp of broadcast and mix specifications.