Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
LED BY DEAD SPACE AND CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE VETERAN GLEN SCHOFIELD, the development team at Striking Distance Studios is hard at work on its first game, The Callisto Protocol, a single player and story-driven survival horror game set in a prison colony on Jupiter’s moon Callisto. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence
that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
About the Role
The Marketing and Community Manager will serve as the liaison between the development team and the players, acting as the official voice of the studio to the players while listening to and representing the community to the development team. This role is responsible for leading the development and execution of marketing and community engagement programs, creating compelling content for community and social media channels.
We are seeking a candidate with a proven track record of success in community management, preferably in the games or entertainment industries. The ideal candidate must be a team player with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders across both
the development and publishing organizations.
Key Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Build and manage content strategy and updates on all Striking Distance Studios social media channels, maintaining a monthly content calendar that aligns with studio and game marketing initiatives.
- Work with internal and external partners to create key messaging and marketing collateral and asset kits for use across a variety of social media and marketing channels.
- Support product marketing and publishing teams in all planning and day-to-day activities.
- Serve as the voice of the studio and our games to the community, maintaining a dialogue between SDS, Krafton, and players across a variety of social media and marketing channels.
- Coordinate asset delivery to publishing, external agencies, vendors, and partners.
- Work with the development team to support game and features roadmap to achieve franchise vision and deliver against plan and targets.
- Assist in conducting consumer research and playtests to help shape product development.
- Event planning and production at industry trade shows and consumer events.
- Coordinate development team participation on owned marketing channels (blogs, social media, etc.).
- Monitor and report on community sentiment, feedback, and other active topics and trends in the community as well as marketing KPIs such as reach and engagement.
- Build close relationships between Striking Distance Studios, top influencers, and players within the community, initiating positive and supportive community conversations around the development of the game.
- Experience: 2 - 3 years’ experience working in online community, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent, preferably in the games or entertainment industries.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about games and game development.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of a variety of social media platforms and trends.
- Content-creation experience on social media channels, particularly video and streaming content.
- Creative and imaginative with the ability to translate ideas into marketing and community content and programs.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Motivated with a willingness and drive to learn.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a variety of stakeholders in the development and publishing organizations.