Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. We are a AAA development studio within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. With the release of our first title, The Callisto Protocol, we are excited to continue to grow our studio.
Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
What we are looking for:
Striking Distance Studios is seeking an experienced Gameplay Technical Director to provide guidance and leadership for the Gameplay Engineering team.
- Identify technical risks on projects and develop contingency plans to put into place with the team
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and art directors to create gameplay features and adapt to quickly implement said features which are key to improving and enhancing the game
- Maintain and improve overall code quality, ensuring that code is cross-platform, reusable, and testable
- Collaborate to ensure that technology interests and policies are represented and maintained through the course of development, and that future technology is being developed on schedule.
- Work with production to define, revise and validate engineering estimates and production plans
- Manage technical risks and mitigation plans for the gameplay strategy
- Keep current with technology advances and propose new innovations that may benefit the project
- Guide and grow engineering team-leads into successful people managers.
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- 8+ years of leadership experience in the games industry
- Experience working with UE4 or UE5 and a full understanding of its architecture.
- Exceptional management and communication skills.
- Expertise with the C / C++ programming language
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple console platforms.
- Experience shipping games on current generation consoles (PS5, Xbox Series X) and PC
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineers, or relevant work experience
In California, the expected salary range for this position is $210,000 - $285,000. The listed expected salary range represents a good faith estimate and the actual pay may depend on a variety of job-related factors that can include experience, education, skills, and location.
Striking Distance Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Due to recent scams, our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com. If you received an email and are unsure you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org.