PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
Our Madison, WI office is seeking a Senior Gameplay Engineer to take on a leadership role in working with the PUBG gameplay engineering team. We are a small, multi-disciplinary team pioneering maps, modes, and experiences for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer you will contribute to the success of PUBG by crafting new and fun gameplay experiences for the players. You will collaborate with designers to invent and refine new features, and implement them within Unreal Engine using C++ and Blueprints. Our team has a large amount of autonomy and responsibility, so you will also have opportunities to implement all aspects of features which can include working with areas such as UI, AI, and animation. This position reports to the Technical Director or Lead Engineer.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the core PUBG experience by developing exciting gameplay features such as new weapons, items, and vehicles
- Collaborate with team members from every discipline to help guide features from idea to implementation
- Convert high-level game design goals ideas into clear, estimated tasks
- Architect and develop gameplay systems within Unreal Engine, in both native C++ and Blueprints
- Openly communicate with management and production about the scope and progress of tasks
- Proactively support the success of other team members by providing technical guidance, participating in code reviews, and mentoring junior team members
A typical day may include:
- Attend a cross-discipline stand-up with designers and artists working on the features
- Estimate effort for change requests or bug fixes
- Code and test as part of feature development
- A studio-wide play test
- Review code changes from other engineers
- Discuss ideas, improvements, or issues with other engineers, designers, and artists
- Provide support to other engineers via paired programming
- A weekly social event such as team lunches or playing games together
- Bring a passion for games and gaming
- Demonstrable ability to write gameplay code at the level necessary to succeed in a AAA development environment
- An emphasis on creating core gameplay systems with the ability to work in supporting areas such as AI, physics, animation, multiplayer, etc.
- An understanding of the collaborative and iterative process of game development
- Ability to write extensible, easily maintainable gameplay systems in C++
- Understanding of 3d math used for gameplay development
- Strong communication skills that support effective cross-team collaboration
- Understanding of the design principles, data structures, and data management that lead to elegant architecture
- Experience with client and server-side networking
- Experience with Unreal Engine (preferred)
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Continuing education reimbursement of $1500/year
- Video game budget of $300/year
- Gym cost reimbursement each month
- PUBG Swag - including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and events throughout the year
Please send a copy of your resume and a link to a portfolio website of your professional work. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.